Monday, March 28, 2016

[Electric Boats] Prepping for paint, mounting, and Battery Managemt System

 



Though most specifically geared for James at Electroprop, I think the
answers may benefit everyone:

Refitting a 32 foot columbia, some good advice was passed to me re:
chronological order of my next tasks - wait for installing deck
hardware/fittings (ie. bimini) until AFTER top painting is done.

I have my electric motor installed except for the other ends of the
wires, and mounting the control throttle, lcd screen, and breaker.
I'm ready to at least start glassing over old cockpit holes from the
original diesel and outdated tech, and then prep for paint.

I've not fully secured my manual bilge for this reason, and Im left with
just a remaining port to plug in an old autopilot (of unknown
functionality) and some odd 12v input with two pin holes. Both may get
removed.

I'm looking for what I don't know to ask. Any advise on planning ahead
for useful tech ports or panel input/outputs an electric boat or in
general I should have? I need the manual bilge, and will find a support
for the teak seat, but is there nav gear or something that doesn't run
through the helm?

It wouldn't hurt if I glassed everything, prepped and painted and made
new holes, but perhaps that is misguided?

Is there a guide to best placement of shorepower smartplugs or planning
reuired electric gear? Thanks!!

__._,_.___

Posted by: user <hallospaceboy93@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment