Thursday, March 3, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Partial Sea Trial, E/V Mr. Wiggles

 

That's the beauty of having EV on board. Ease of tweaking things or adapting new battery tech can improve things quite a bit. Look forward to you modifications. 

Mike
BIANKA

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
From: king_of_neworleans
Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:52 AM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Reply To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Partial Sea Trial, E/V Mr. Wiggles

 

Thanks, Mike. You and Bianka have pointed the way for a lot of us e-boaters. Your Thoosa setup is pushing a boat 3' longer and over twice the displacement of mine, so yeah your system is doing great. Or maybe more to the point, mine is still not optimum. The new tach will tell me a lot when I get it installed. I think I am looking at changing from a 2:1 gearbox to a 3:1. Maybe even 4:1. I don't need to be climbing my own bow wave at full power when I could be improving my efficiency in the 2-3kt range instead. I want to try the 12kw motor again, too, now that I have a decent sized prop. I have a DVM that has an IR thermometer and I want to get some temperature data in the next round of tests. I ran it tied down at the dock at 5a for 6 hours the other day and neither the motor nor the controller got warm to the touch so that's encouraging.


__._,_.___

Posted by: biankablog@verizon.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment