Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Partial Sea Trial, E/V Mr. Wiggles

 

Hi Mike,

You could try one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek®-Professional-Digital-Tachometer-Contact/dp/B004Q8L894

I tried it in the yard (with water supply hooked up to PSS seal) the other week. Cheap and works just fine and/or just measure voltage at your motor and make an allowance for load. I was going to fit a bicycle type digital speed on the shaft coupling and calibrate but the above is enough for me. Once I know the rpm at various loads I've no real reason to know it continually as it's an interest thing of boat speed v shaft speed to check I got my prop (gearing if you have it) sums etc right.

John

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment