Tuesday, February 10, 2015

RE: [Electric Boats] LiFePO4 pricing

 

One thing that should be noted about the batteries at Motor Verks  http://store.evtv.me/index.php . Their price includes braded straps and the Nord-Lock washers. I'd guess about a $10 added value per battery.

Also a few years back I talked to Sinopoly in China about being a distributor. Final pricing was about .98 cents per AHU plus shipping to Baltimore, about .04 cents per AHU then add 20% S&H on my end brought the total price to around $244 for a 200 AH battery. Not far off from the average pricing. That was for a $100K order.

More food for thought.

 

Steve in Solomons MD

Lagoon 410 S2E

 

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2015 7:19 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] LiFePO4 pricing

 




As long as the market bears the current price, the price will not go down.  The middle men will just make more money until one of them breaks rank.  When there are not many middle men the chances of one of them breaking ranks is slim.

But you can also look at it like this, no price increase is in effect a drop in price due to inflation.  So, at 2% inflation per year (the FEDS target/goal), a price that stays the same for 4 years is in effect a 8% price drop. 

 

 

I'll beat this dead horse one more time, then I'll move on. 

 

As a consumer, I don't really care about somebody else's business plan, or their studies.

 

What matters to me is the price they charge.

 

I find, by looking at the websites I listed on the previous message, that pricing of the typical prismatic cells which we use in our boats has not decreased at all over the past four years for the consumer. 

 

If high quality prismatic cells are available in small quantities at the retail level in the US for significantly less than the prices I provided, I'd be very happy to be proved wrong.

 

Specific web pages would be appreciated.

 

Thanks.

-Tom

 

 





__._,_.___

Posted by: Steve Dolan <SDolan@scannersllc.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment