Thursday, February 19, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] 47' Catamaran Project

Conceptually, I would not only go with Lithiums and a bulletproof BMS, but on a boat this size I would consider a high voltage ac drive system in order to save on cable weight as well as to easily implement regeneration while motorsailing.

Having cruised for seven years on a production Seawind 1000 10m cat (ICE outboards), I wish you all the best with your massive building project.

Joe Siudzinski



On Feb 19, 2015, at 08:19 , rboyer56@yahoo.com [electricboats] wrote:

>
>
> I am beginning a project building a 47' cat. I have plans from Dudley Dix, for the Dix470. I am not an electrician but have done basic house wiring (I built three houses and did all the wiring). I would like to use electric propulsion. I saw the drawing for Socialpath and would like to hear how that project is going, or if finished how it has worked out.
>
> I live in Washington State, but plan to travel internationally after completing the project. I believe that I'll need something between 10-12 kw for motors.
>
> I would like to run two electric motors, a diesel genset, a large array of solar panels, I suspect that I will run a 48 vdc onboard system. I don't plan to use shore power much but should have a 120/240 system which can be connected in the US and outside. I would like to use LiFePo4 batteries, and suspect the price is getting to where they make a lot of sense.
>
> I am just beginning to learn about the electrical and am very interested in which suppliers you would recommend and what material to read in order to prepare for building the electrical system. Any related information is welcome. Also any internet sources for background would also be appreciated. Needless to say safe and simple is how I would prefer this project for ease of building and operation!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Boyer
>
>
>
>



------------------------------------

------------------------------------


------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
electricboats-digest@yahoogroups.com
electricboats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
electricboats-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment