Thursday, February 19, 2015

[Electric Boats] 47' Catamaran Project

 

I am beginning a project building a 47' cat.  I have plans from Dudley Dix, for the Dix470.  I am not an electrician but have done basic house wiring (I built three houses and did all the wiring).  I would like to use electric propulsion.  I saw the drawing for Socialpath and would like to hear how that project is going, or if finished how it has worked out.  

I live in Washington State, but plan to travel internationally after completing the project.  I believe that I'll need something between 10-12 kw for motors.

I would like to run two electric motors, a diesel genset, a large array of solar panels, I suspect that I will run a 48 vdc onboard system. I don't plan to use shore power much but should have a 120/240 system which can be connected in the US and outside. I would like to use LiFePo4 batteries, and suspect the price is getting to where they make a lot of sense. 

I am just beginning to learn about the electrical and am very interested in which suppliers you would recommend and what material to read in order to prepare for building the electrical system.  Any related information is welcome. Also any internet sources for background would also be appreciated.  Needless to say safe and simple is how I would prefer this project for ease of building and operation!

Thanks,

Bob Boyer

__._,_.___

Posted by: rboyer56@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment