Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: removing old engine

 

I  sold  my  Perkins  4108  for about $2900 , but I  had  a yard  owned  by a  friend and  neighbor  do  the extraction... I  was never so happy as to  see that thing  go  out of the boat.. It has taken me all  summer to clean  out the 20 years of  oil and  grease.. and repaint the insides of my Moody 34

Skip

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Q Scott QSK <qskaye@gmail.com> wrote:
 



>
I sold my Perkins 4-108 (that was running at the time) for $1000 plus removal.  I helped on the removal to make sure my boat wasn't trashed.  We disconnected everything then with the tranny still attached used come-a-longs to hoist it up on a pipe strapped between two supports made from 2x4's  we pulled it back into the salon and rested it on a wood frame on the saloon floor and moved the wooden pipe frame so that one end was out the forward hatch.  Then using another come-a-long attached to the outside end of the pipe, we hoisted it up with the original come-a-long and pulled it forward and out the hatch with the other.  Once on deck we did the same procedure to get it onto a dolly on the dock. 

While I sold if pretty cheap (the guy was a fellow 41 William garden design Ketch owner who needed an engine), it was worth it for me to have him also remove it.


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment