Thursday, October 7, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Albin 25 test results

 

My sentiments exactly.. A tracking device on a boat that can turn 360 degrees and more involves slip rings and who knows whatever else.  No doubt you CAN build one, but an extra panel to make up the difference might well be less expensive than the tracker and mount.  I mounted mine flat, with no tracker.  No moving parts, and no problems.

Willie

--- On Thu, 10/7/10, luv2bsailin <luv2bsailin@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: luv2bsailin <luv2bsailin@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Albin 25 test results
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 7, 2010, 8:42 PM

 

Thanks Geoff.
In the interest of simplicity I am going to mount them flat on the roof for now. My feeling is that the increased output would have to be pretty significant to be worth the added complexity of a tracking mechanism on a moving boat.
Jim
PS. I started a picture album titled "Albin 25" in the photo section. Will add more pics as I get them.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, geoff gamsby <geoffgamsby@...> wrote:
>
> I have heard that it is also fairly easy to build a photo-sensor to
> track and turn the array to the brightest light source
>
>
> geoff
> www.straightturn.net
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment