Thursday, October 7, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: electric power

 



I forgot to mention I have a 1972 CAL 2-29. Total wgt is 8000lbs. Works great! Love IT. Only change would be to move motor on top of prop shaft with a direct belt transfer to shaft then move 6v batteries in front and lower for servicability.

I saw this idea mentioned here or there and I don't know why I didn't think of it. Right now I have 3 8v gold cart batteries and 2 12v deep cell marine batteries. Configuration recommended by the battery guy. Didn't work. Only lasts 20 minutes at full power then 12v batteries die off and the remaining 24v of 3 8v just does not cut it on a 48v motor.
After I take it out of the water this year I will design and build the shelves for the 2 rows of 4 batteries and bring it down in front of the engine compartment.

BUT I must say I have plenty of power! I was worried about that but it works great.

I do have pics, b-4 and after and in between.
--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "r.ramjet@..." <r.ramjet@...> wrote:
>
> depends on if u want a kit or a motor/controller or the whole enchilada?
>
> I bought the kit from EV America. took a while to do the first one, (isn't that always the case?) but the second would only take 1/2 the time.
>
>
> There is a complete drop in unit for roughly $4g's my kit cost $2.1g's
> .
>
> If you want to see it look it up in facebook. includes pics
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "indigohealthgroup" <indigohealthgroup@> wrote:
> >
> > I am done with my a4 and looking to convert to electric power my catalina 30-- any suggestions/conversion stories/advice?
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment