Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] a good electric setup for a 30' pearson sailboat

 

There are a number of companies offering systems for your size boat. I went with a Thoosa 9000 system from ASMO MARINE for my 30 foot 8 ton sailboat and am very happy with it. I'm about to begin my third season using electric propulsion and could never imagine going back to a diesel. You can see the journey I made in installing it starting here: http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2008/05/going-electric.html
I'd have to say going electric was the best improvement I've made to the boat.
 
Capt. Mike
 


--- On Tue, 5/4/10, gothvanhellsing <romfromwow@gmail.com> wrote:

From: gothvanhellsing <romfromwow@gmail.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] a good electric setup for a 30' pearson sailboat
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2010, 2:00 AM

 
I am new to the EV idea and am wondering what a good system would be for a 30 foot pearson sailboat. I am not new to electronics but am new to the idea of EV power any help I can get in designing a system for the boat woulsd be great.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment