Monday, March 15, 2010

RE: [Electric Boats] ABYC TE-30 Electrical Propusion Systems

 

Tom:

Thank you very much

I am looking at repowering with a hybrid system at some time in the future. However I only have so much capital to spend and I have a number of other “refit items to check off, I am going to stick with my Yanmar 3HD for a while. That said, I am interested in knowing what to expect. I imagine I will go with a larger system as my boat will now motor at 7.5 knots. I would like at least that much performance from a hybrid system.

 

-Paul

 

    Sailing Yacht Pyxis

  1968 Hinckley Pilot 35

pyxisyacht@earthlink.net


From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:51 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] ABYC TE-30 Electrical Propusion Systems

 

 

I thought I'd start a new thread for this topic.
TE-30 is copyrighted, but here is some of what applies to our typical application:

1. The boat operator should be alerted ot system faults or failures that could lead to further damage.

2. A ground fault monitor should be installed.

3. Propulsion electrics should remain isolated from the boat's grounding system.

4. Battery banks should be able to be able to be broken down into 48V max banks for servicing.

5. Battery disconnects should simultaneously disconnect pos and neg terminals.

6. All connections, other than to batteries, should be in fire-resistant enclosures.

There is more, but these will get you started.
Non-members of the ABYC can buy individual copies of the Standards, no need to become a member to get a copy.

Nore that like all ABYC Standards and Technical Information Reports, these are advisory only, and are entirely voluntary.

-Tom

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2748 - Release Date: 03/15/10 03:33:00

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Check out Yahoo! Movies to get a recap of this year's Oscar winners, red carpet looks & nominated film trailers.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment