Friday, March 5, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: propellers

 

Hope I'm not showing myself to be too simple minded, but whats different about an electric motor and an ICE turning a prop in the water?? If the final drive is 2500 rpm the prop should show the same results, regardless of what is suppling the power.
A little help please :)

Ron

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "gramplarry" <pfister.l@...> wrote:
>
> CDI stopped making the both the 2 blade and 3 blade feathering propellers about 15 years ago when they became too expensive to manufacture. we have found a way to reduce the costs of the two blade and are presently reintroducing the two blade. This was shown at the Annapolis and Chicago boat show. we anticipate first shipments in April. The three blade is still too expensive to make.
> Your and other comments about how a feathering prop it might make a good electric prop is spot on target. I ran a series of propeller seminars at the Chicago boat show and afterward several electric motor people stopped by the booth to have a chat. (those meeting are also one of the reasons i joined this group) I discovered I need to have more input for a specific propeller design that i have in mind. I need to get a feel for how and when they are used and abused, the problems, the i wish i had etc. The gas and diesel prop guys (myself included) do not seem to understand all of the issues with electrics and in many cases are stuck in the traditional "bronze prop only" attitude.
>
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Welcome Larry.
> >
> > Do you know why CDI stopped making the three blade plastic prop? It seems that might make a good electric propulsion prop.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "gramplarry" <pfister.l@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all!!
> > > my yahoo name is gramplarry. the name came about because of another yahoo group to which i belong that had a number of larrys. My grand daughter being a member of the same group suggested i become gramplarry. Here I should be known as Larry.
> > > I will be up front with this group. i do have a commercial interest in the development of electric motors for sailboat propulsion. I am a consultant in plastic propeller design and sales specializing in sailboat propellers. My main client is performance propellers a division oF CDI. They can be found at http://www.performancepropellers.com/
>
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment