Sunday, March 14, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Pearson 35 with ElectricYacht results

 

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the club! I guess it was a good day for electrics as I snuck my Hunter 30 out the Gate today (something I wouldn't do a year ago - confidence increases..)

[sorry back-East folk - spring has arrived in California...]

Your numbers are pretty good and the fact that you had the same speeds with/against the wind suggest your prop may be about perfect vs getting more pitch. I have a 13x13 and I lose a little oomph against wind and tide. For comparison, I get about 4kts@40amp (also a 48V system; boat is 9800lb displacement)

You join about 1/2 dozen known SF Bay boaters on this list.

Cheers,

-Keith
e-S/V "Aja"
Brisbane

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Bob Caulk <bob_caulk@...> wrote:
>
> I though I would give the group a report on the results of my sailboat repower...

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment