Monday, March 8, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Go Fast Runabout

 

Yes this is becoming more and more of a possibility. There are a few tips and tricks however to make it happen. Here is another video for you to see a planing skiff w/Torqeedo 4kw, but I've also done it with a Parsun 4kW.
I am a dealer of these and other electric propulsion products, please contact me below if I can source anything for your project.
Capt. Todd
www.epowermarine.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyWv2VtHvs

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Thumper Smith <thumper.smith@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings all,
>
> I have been lurking for several weeks and have come to appreciate the
> expertise and enthusiasm of the list.
>
> Today I began sanding the 1959 runabout I bought last fall and as I sanded I
> considered spending a couple thousand dollars to repower the thing. It came
> with an old 20 HP Johnson two stroke, which I really can't use in good
> conscience considering the 25:1 oil mixture (and really being a sailor, I
> can't put up with the noise). Of course electric propulsion is a
> consideration.
>
> I just looked at the Torqueedo site, thinking that would be a good turnkey
> solution. But alas, I want more than 8-10 HP to have a fun boat. I would
> appreciate any recommendations for powering a 14 foot fiberglass boat with
> at least enough power to get her up on plane. I don't shy away from a bit of
> tinkering.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Thumper
> in Connecticut
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment