Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Torquedo Cruise 2.0 - real world experience?

I have the same only with remote. My boat is 18' and is a displacement hull so my absolute max speed is 11.5 km/hr (7.1 miles/hr) with the motor at full. I can hit 10 km/hr (6.2 m/hr) with 1000 watts so you can see my hull speed is kicking in trying to go faster.
I cruise at about 8.5 km/hr (5.27 m/hr) drawing 800 to 850 watts.
I have attached a graph I made of my boats power vs speed performance using a Torqeedo Cruise 2.0R.

Regards
Phil

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 01:06:03 p.m. EST, tmalcolm <tim@xmfi.org> wrote:


I just finished the setup for the Torquedo Cruise 2.0 on my boat and am looking for some real world reports on range and runtime. So far I've taken the boat for a quick spin down the slipway to verify everything works, the motor/prop combination is fairly quiet with lots of torque and really moves water! Here's my boat and battery setup:
  • Columbia Challenger 24,
  • full keel (modified)
  • LOA 24' 3"
  • LWL 18'
  • Displacement 3,950lbs
  • 2x 12v Group 31 deep cycle batteries, 105Ah, connected in series
  • Torquedo Cruise 2.0R long shaft, installed in outboard well
Interested to hear any experiences with the Torquedo outboards.

--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment