Friday, December 18, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Thunderstruck Gear Reduction

Jesper, this is incredibly helpful! In many ways it looks like the existing connection I have between the transmission and the prop shaft. I have a similar coupling there (flexible coupling with the breakaway bars for safety if there's a failure). I could do something similar between the transmission and the motor.  I have a the spring plate from the transmission, so I'm thinking of cutting that down to a 5" circle that maintains the springs and some flexibility from the multiple layers of metal.  (I'll add a photo later.) Then I'll connect that to a custom machined piece which will allow a connection with the drive shaft of the motor. I could then either use a flexible/elastomer plate (like I see in your image above) for some additional tolerance for misalignment, or just make sure I'm fully aligned and depend on the flexibility provided by the transmission adapter plate. 

Yikes, this is hard to read.  I'll create a sketch...

Thanks again, Jesper!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31062) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment