Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Curtis Throttle housing/lever?

Thanks Tom! Yeah it was a very useful resource. I did have some previous experience with CAD like software but it's not that difficult once you get going. I used librecad which is an open source version of CAD. If anyone would like I could also share my CAD drawings for the throttle pieces if you'd like to order your own.

I was gonna write a longer thread here with the full conversion, I just finished and took the boat out the other day, great feeling. Although I'm already looking at some areas that need improvement.

BTW, sendcutsend is just one of many providers for this service. I just found their web interface to be the easiest to use. Shipping is free for smaller orders and fairly quick. Once you have the drawings it's worth shopping around though as the prices vary quite bit between different providers. I found some parts being cheaper at oshcut.com for example.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31027) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment