Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Torquedo Cruise 2.0 - real world experience?

Hi Bill, my panels are rated for 860 watts but you never get that much as it depends on the angle , any haze and so on. When I am on a trip I am on the water by 9AM and usually camped by 4PM. So I use for calculating for the day 50% efficiency as an average. I may get about 200 watts at 9AM and 500 watts at 2PM so I just figure 50% as a good number. Of course once I stop for the night (4PM) the panels keep charging the batteries. I try and have the batteries at the end of the day at about 95% charged. By following this procedure I spent 16 days on the water in 2018 using only solar electric to charge the batteries.
I am now building an 18 foot catamaran that will launch in the spring.

Phil  

On Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 09:06:34 p.m. EST, wdr99 via groups.io <wdr99=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


Hi Phil,

I have seen your videos on youtube!  Really good stuff.

And like the OP, I'm pleased to see your Torqeedo numbers.  My boat, a Redwing 18, a plywood hard chine displacement power cruiser is reputed to weigh about 1200 lbs but I'd bet more.

I finished the boat last spring with a Honda 20, but now have Torqeedo waiting to be installed.  

What's the typical output from your solar array?  

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment