Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Thunderstruck Gear Reduction

Steven, 

I ended up not using the TS gear coupling, mostly because I didn't want to remove the existing shaft coupling which seems quite old and would have put up a fight I'm sure. 

I just got the same coupling as for the original Volvo penta and put on my gear reduction shaft. I needed to drill another dimple as the new coupling had has 2 set screws, also I needed a new shaft key. I added an R&D flexible coupling in between the two and it seems to be working pretty well. Aligning the two was pretty straight forward. I paid around 60 for the coupling and 130 for the flexible one and 10 for the key.

/Jesper

I just finished my installation and there is some vibration but I think it's more likely from the shaft itself or the cutlass as the alignment is within the tolerances according to R&D.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31040) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment