Friday, December 25, 2020

Re: [electricboats] CAN


The cable in the kit includes a Programming Port wired to some of the CAN-bus pins on the Sevcon Gen4:
(I got this from thunderstruck, pin out is in the Gen4 manual)
Red - 13 - CAN high
Black - 2 - CAN term
Brown - 24 CAN low (should be linked to pin 2 TERM) 
White - 28 - CAN +/power
Green - Battery negative

With that you can connect an Arduino CAN bus adapter or wire up an obd2. This seems to work :-)

There is a diagram from the kit they sell for dxat that shows the connection to a DB9 obd2 adapter, I haven't done this:




On Dec 25, 2020, at 08:42, William Shannahan via groups.io <shannahanwilliam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


So I have the 10kw motor from Thunderstruck with the Sevcon gen 4 controller. How do I connect the obd 2 to the controller?

Also have the TSM 2500 charger but I don't see a path for the two to communicate. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

No comments:

Post a Comment