Monday, December 14, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Thunderstruck Gear Reduction

I have had success with a chain loop between motor and driveshaft, giving me a 2-1 reduction. I grease it occasionally. I also have a nylon flexible coupling in line. 


On Dec 14, 2020, at 7:45 PM, Steven Borg <steve@theborg.family> wrote:


Michael,

For a direct connect via a flexible coupling...  What type of coupling are you considering, or would recommend?  I'm trying to determine how to connect my motor to my transmission / gear reducer.

Thanks!

:-)
Steve



---- On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 16:52:18 -0800 William Shannahan via groups.io <shannahanwilliam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote ----

I had to order a bigger hydraulic crimper because I went 2/0 for battery cable and couldn't find anything locally that would crimp the lugs. So I am going to try and install the battery cables tomorrow or Wednesday. Can't speak to the noise or vibration till then.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device


From: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io> on behalf of Michael Blackstock <mdblackstock@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 4:49:47 PM
To: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [electricboats] Thunderstruck Gear Reduction
 
William, just curious if you've completed installation of the gear reduction? 
Thunderstruck recommended the same setup to me, but I'm curious about any extra noise you think the reducer might cause vs. a direct mount of the motor to the prop shaft via a flexible coupling

Michael Blackstock

Cell phone 503-913-8217





No comments:

Post a Comment