Sunday, December 6, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Grounding.

Thanks, good to know. Since I only saw it in one place and you got word straight from the horse's mouth, I think you're probably right. I think it still makes sense to make it a floating system, because of galvanic corrosion and the rest to those in the water in varying saline conditions. I think it's only a matter of time, and perhaps it's even happened already, that an electric sailboat will be struck by a lightning and current from the lightning bolt will reach batteries and cause a catastrophic failure. I think it just makes sense to follow the precautionary principle and fuse both legs.

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020, 09:08 THOMAS VANDERMEULEN <tvinypsi@gmail.com> wrote:
James:
I was quoting the ABYC standard when I stated that E-30 applies to 60 VDC systems.  Also, as mentioned, I had directly confirmed with ABYC that it would NOT apply to the 48vdc (nominal) system I would be installing.
[-tv]

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30997) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment