Sunday, May 17, 2020

Re: [electricboats] 39' sloop conversion

Matt,

There is one initial problem with your plan. Thunderstruck is not correct when they claim the ME1616 will produce 12kW continuous at 48V. The motor is a three phase AC motor. You will be lucky to make 9kW at 48VDC input power. The controller converts VDC to VAC which will result in a VAC of around 33V. The 250A rating of the ME1616 is the Arms rating. Expect around 8,250kW continuous power at 48VDC input power.

Next up is what your prop will be spinning at WOT. The voltage constant for the ME1616 is 0.026V/RPM. This means at 48V DC, the motor will spin around 1,800 RPM. With a 3:1 reduction, expect your prop to spin a maximum of 600 RPM. You may want to look into that too. I believe your 3GM30F turned out somewhere around 21kW at 3,200 RPM with a 2.2:1 ratio, turning the screw at 1,629 RPM. Let's see...going from 21kW at a prop speed of 1,629 to 8.25kW at around 600? Bottom line, expect your power to be cut back to a little over a third of what you had with the 3GM30F.

I suggest you consider a 96V system. That will pretty much fall right in.

I sell kits, as do others on the forum. If you would like a quote from me, feel free to email me. Understand the fact I sell kits doesn't mean I am using this forum as a platform to do so. I normally don't bother responding to most of the posts here unless I think someone is making a mistake and I think you are. It's about the math and misinformation.

Scott
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30539) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment