Saturday, May 23, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Measured Performance data sheet

I appreciate the focus on data and am interested to add to it later this summer. 

Out of curiosity - Having no formal seafaring training, is there a canonical text/protocol/reference on how to perform sea trials for new equipment? I'm thinking things like checklist of environmental conditions to note, guidance on distance, any procedures on which tolerances to push etc? I can deduce the bounds I want to test or gain confidence in, but I'm curious where one goes to learn a little deeper. 

On May 23, 2020, at 08:53, Larry Brown <elcapitanbrown@gmail.com> wrote:

13" with 15.5 pitch?  Or 15.5" with 13 pitch?


On May 23, 2020, at 11:05 AM, THOMAS VANDERMEULEN <tvinypsi@gmail.com> wrote:

Eric,
I agree with Patrick ... incredibly useful.
I've asked a follow-up question elsewhere, but will ask it here too, where it seems more to the point of the post topic.
What is the reduction ratio of your transmission?  [At least, in your photos, it appears that you have some sort of transmission or reduction between the motor and prop shaft.]
I've also already noted elsewhere that you're running a 4-blade wheel of 13" x 15.5" dimensions.  [Also a very helpful detail for verifying 3rd party prop estimating tables.]
Thanks in advance for the additional detail ... I would just like to work out the prop shaft speed to go with prop information.
[-tv]
Tom VanderMeulen
Grace O'Malley
Cape Dory 27
Monroe, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment