Monday, May 25, 2020

[electricboats] Common Port or Separate Port BMS

I am converting my 24 volt solar powered boat over to LifePo4 from lead acid batteries. My bank today has a shunt in the negative and through my MPPT solar charger I can monitor power both in and out of the batteries. I only use an external charger at the end of the day so I am at no load condition.
If I switch to LifePo4 and add a BMS I have to make a decision whether to use a common port or a separate port BMS. I want the solar panels to still charge while I do have some load going such as putting along. I am thinking a common port solution would be best but does anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks

Phil 

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30526) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment