Saturday, May 23, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Time to re-power

Thanks for the positive feedback.  I have no interest in publishing a book, I already have a good job, and I am good with making my information available as “open source”.

The gear reduction is new, the motor bolts directly to it, and is a ratio of 2.55/1.

Since propellers are listed by diameter then pitch, the 13x15.5 is 13 inches in diameter with a 15.5 inch pitch.  The 224 marking is the Acme part number.

You can see by the pricing from reputable vendors, prismatic cells are going for essentially the same price as they were 10 years ago.  And the prices quoted on their websites do not include tax, shipping, etc.  I am using autonomous mini-bms units that shunt excess charging current to help top balance the pack.  They can also be wired to disable the charger in over-voltage situations on individual cells and de-power the drive in under-voltage situations, but I have not bothered to install that wiring.  Still no problems after 10 years.  I wish you the best with the pricing that “sounds to good to be true”, sometimes those deals do come true, I hope that your purchase is one of those.

The only two instruments that I have for my drive is the Clearview display for the Sevcon Gen4 controller and the previously mentioned E-xpert Pro HV battery monitor.  I find that both instruments are highly configurable and I believe them to be very accurate and precise (google accurate versus precise to clarify the difference, if desired).  I get all of the information that I need without much extra complexity.  I also use a hand-held digital multimeter to measure individual cell voltages during my annual “health check”.

I think that covers most of the questions so far.  

Fair winds,
Eric
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30505) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment