Monday, May 25, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Time to re-power

One option you might consider is find a charger that does half the current you want and gang two of them together.  It may be easer to find two 50 amp chargers then one 100 amp charger.  Most chargers have no issues being run in parallel. 

On May 25, 2020, at 10:41 AM, Ric Sanders <rsandersemail@gmail.com> wrote:


I looked up the Elcon line. They want a 230 volt input. I'm trying to not have to rewire my existing generator to that voltage. 

I love the Victron line and use their charge controllers on our solar. I have a 2k inverter charger on our house system which is completely separate from the motor system so do not need another inverter. I've not found a Charger only yet to do what I desire and am still looking. I'm just beginning to get to where we can do some more extensive runs to find amp draw versus speed. With the limited ability we have to put power into the system, longer runs have so far been impractical.
Thanks guys
Ric


On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 3:26 PM Ric Sanders <rsandersemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank "Powermax" 48 volt 20 amp chargers powered from a 6KW 120 volt AC output generator set but I would really like to do is be able to put about 100 amps into the battery/motor circuit. 
Cheers,
Ric

No comments:

Post a Comment