Monday, May 18, 2020

Re: [electricboats] 39' sloop conversion

I'm just getting started on my complete conversion from sail to solar. I think I got the last ME1616 that Thunderstruck had in stock, sorry! I'm going with 57KWH of prismatics because, with a good bms to carefully manage SOC and balance, they will outlive me. The only issue is waiting for them to arrive from China. I am using the 4.8Kw of solar panels to charge the LiFePO4 battery and using TMS DC-DC for 12v house power. It's a 50a max inverter so there are 2 that work together to run the windlass. There are dual TMS2500 chargers for recharging from the grid when needed. There's no ICE generator. No fuel onboard at all. All above is per hull because the boat is a 34' Endeavour catamaran. My calculations theorize a 6kt continuous cruise speed with unlimited range on solar while charging and supplying house power needs.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30428) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment