Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: High Voltage in a canoe

 

I would be shocked but thrilled if a Torqeedo prop fit any other trolling motor.  I'm assuming someone (possibly with good 3-D printer skills??) will need to come up with a slick way to adapt them.

But I'd really like to see what happens if you do (does it burn up the motor, or just double the performance?).

John


From: "Tommy Boy tommy033107@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: High Voltage in a canoe

 
I am running the Minn Kota Endura Max 45 that they claim can run up to 5 times longer the the regular Minn Kota motors. PWM is what I think the control design was called. I was not awareTorqeedo made a prop that would fit a Minn Kota ! Does it produce more speed with lower amp draw? That is what I am looking for now :-) Time to go search for this propeller :-)
Tommy
Serenity Solar Canoe



On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:40 AM, thall90024@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
I think I better stick with DC only and not try to go both ways. I looked at your solar canoe and it looks really cool. Are you using the Minn Kota with the digital maximiser " battery management system" ?
Have you tried installing the Torqeedo prop on your motor, that would seem to be the perfect setup. The Torqeedo travel prop is as the Germans are fond of saying  "Superior Technology". 
Thanks for all the imput.




__._,_.___

Posted by: oak <oak_box@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment