Thursday, June 11, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Did the Math, and bucks, and looking less like a barge - NO - 48v. panel controller and panels-- my next step !

 

Consider fans on the batteries as well.  Depending on the location of course.  Mine are under deck seats, and needed more ventilation.  I think I may have burnt out the first charger one summer day at a boat show, with it in the same box.   No vents or fans to fresh air, ooops.
 
best wishes,  Cal
 
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Did the Math, and bucks, and looking less like a barge - NO - 48v. panel controller and panels-- my next step !
 
 


I needed more cooling so installed some extra fans on the motors I hope to get it out for some numbers in the next few weeks. 


On Jun 11, 2015, at 5:44 AM, cirejay@hotmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

James,

 

I looked at your Blog.  Great job so far.  Do you have any further performance numbers? 

 

You indicate 6 knots with a draw of just over 11kw.  That seems pretty amazing for that boat and would love to see some more numbers.

 

I'm going to be doing an easily driven 36' trawler and your numbers are quite encouraging, to say the least.

 

Thanks,

eric SV Meander



---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <james@...> wrote :

I fit 3kw array on my boat, and I think it look pretty sharp. 
But to each there own.
 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "cal" <h20dragon@centurytel.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment