Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: High Voltage in a canoe

 

AC and DC are both dangerous if you have the power to drive some KW it can fry you with that energy regardless of voltage or AC/DC higher voltage needs bit thicker insulation but less copper Kilowatt is kilowatt of energy, no matter if it is 10Volts x 100Amperes or 100 Volt x 10 Amperes, there is mainly the difference that more current all connections are under far more stress from current and wires are lot heavier copper is far heavier than insulation.

2015-06-10 13:49 GMT+00:00 Terry Hall thall90024@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>:
 



Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2015, at 1:18 AM, tommy033107@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I am interested to see how your canoe works out. I wanted to run a Torqeedo but the cost and amp draw scared me away. I ran into the same issues of electrical in a canoe and sealed every thing up tight and have had no problems. I have manage to build it up to a 600 watt solar powered system and its now 100 percent solar powered even on cloudy days.

I will watch this post and see how your works out because I am always looking for new ideas.  As I have experimented I have even hooked up my Honda 200i 12 volt outlet to my deep cycle batteries and with just a idle it hit close to 10 MPH and at a idle a gallon of gas would last 9-10 hours with a little min kota 45 thrust.

Here is my little website if you interested. You might find some cool ideas there. 
Serenity Solar Canoe

 

Tommy





--

Kveðja – Regards
Stefán B. Jónsson


Sími: +354-4781309 GSM: +354 8946541, skype: stefan.martolvan.is
Trúnaður /Disclosure

http://www.martolvan.is/tunadur-tolvuposts.html

__._,_.___

Posted by: =?UTF-8?B?U3RlZsOhbiBCcmFuZHVyIErDs25zc29u?= <stefan@martolvan.is>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment