Saturday, January 31, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Different size battery wiring

 

I suppose if each pack has a BMS, it has some means of opening a relay. This could be used to work a contactor Ye would take that pack out of the parallel string. 

So for three packs, you would have three contactors. 
Each contactor would be controlled by the BMS low voltage alarm pins. 

Same thing for the high voltage alarms and charging. 

/Jason



On Jan 31, 2015, at 10:15, luke.wolbrink@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I could use a bit of adult supervision on my wiring. 


I have 4 lifepo4 battery packs all 48v but at different capacities to makeup a 102AH bank. Each pack has it's own BMS and charger. I am concerned that in the event a larger pack is drained before a larger one that it will end up charging from the larger. I've posted my wiring diagram for just two batteries in parallel. The others would be similarly attached. Also, can I run just one charger instead of 4 individual ones? I would appreciate input on how to improve if something is wrong.


thanks in advance

~luke

Tartan 27 #478 On The Brink

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jason Taylor <jt.yahoo@jtaylor.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
OTB Wiring.png


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment