Friday, March 15, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Any perm mangnet (DC) motor controller suggestions

 

On 13/03/13 04:34, matwete@comcast.net wrote:
>
>
> I have nearly 10 years now with Alltrax/ETEK using 36v and
> precharge...never ever a problem.

I think I know how I killed it. The 'aux' power (key switch) line is on
a separate fuse from the 'traction' power. I disconnect the main
'traction' power when out of the water for safety reasons - there is no
way the motor can power if there is an air gap.

What I think I did was turn the key switch on with out having
connected the main power feed. So the controller was powered up 'cold'
with no pre-charge via the key switch line.
Looks like the inrush current on the key-switch line blew something.

I'm actually thinking of getting one of the Kelly DC controllers. My
contactors came from them. It's just that the quality of Chinese
components seems to be highly variable.

Either that or I build my own from a kit - at least it would be
repairable.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment