Sunday, March 17, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] New member, new electric & solar powered motorboat

 

Do the eur prices include VAT?

eric SV Meander

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Yme Bosma" <mail@...> wrote:
>
> I now see I miscalculated the Mastervolt vs Balqon offering. The Balqon's are indeed about 40% of the Mastervolt price. That's quite a difference... Now let's see how much they cost when delivered to Europe...
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@> wrote:
> >
> > I think that the most comparable offering that Balqon has to the Mastervolt batteries that you are considering is the Balqon 20kWh (48V 400Ah) forklift battery with BMS for $7950 US. That works out to $400 per kWh. This is very similar to what I paid in 2009 when I bought 8kWh for $3100 including BMS modules. So we can see that in 4 years, the price of LiFePO4 cells has remained fairly stable. For those of you that are waiting for lithium batteries to get significantly cheaper, you may be waiting a long time.
> >
> > I use this pricing when providing estimates to friends. I know that some people have been able to score better deals from business liquidations or limited time pricing, but the rest of us should be able to buy lithium at $400 to $500 per kWh fairly consistently.
> >
> > Fair winds,
> > Eric
> > 1964 Bermuda 30 ketch, 5.5kW Propulsion Marine drive, 8kWh lithium batteries
> > Marina del Rey, CA
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Yme Bosma" <mail@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, they have a 48v combined charger/inverter and their batteries can be used in a 48v setup (like mine as well).
> > >
> > > The Balqon product (even without BMS) is similarly priced to the Mastervolt batteries however ($1000 per kWh), so I don't really understand how you were able to get to $270?
> > >
> > > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, James Sizemore <james@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I ordered my cells from Balqon. I bought 16 cells and built my bank from scratch that was before they sold them in a complete packages, if I where ordering them today I would buy four of these:
> > > > http://www.balqon.com/store.php#!/~/product/category=3262346&id=13216609
> > > >
> > > > Mastervolt is a very good company I looked into there batteries systems, at the time they only had 24 volt systems. (Do they yet have a 48 volt charger/inverter?) My Electric Yacht motors needed 48 volts. They are extra pricey in the US with the current exchange rate. So they priced themselves out of my budget.
> > > >
> > > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (40)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment