Sunday, March 17, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] New member, new electric & solar powered motorboat

 

Thanks Yme. Any real-world data they have on the use of the thrusters
at low speeds would be very useful. I see from one of the videos that
the unit goes from forward to reverse very quickly. Although our
application doesn't need a large motor power for propulsion, it is
always useful to have some motor assistance when coming to a stop!

On 17/03/2013 06:28, Yme Bosma wrote:
> Chris, I think they are the same indeed. And the Mastervolt PodmasterPro is actually fabricated by Fischer Panda (same as the Aziprop).
>
> As for the Rotorque, I think 170mm (8kW) is the largest. I have a meeting with them coming Tuesday, so will ask about their plans. I know they are reading this thread as well, so may be they will respond here.
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Chris Morriss <crsm@...> wrote:
>> Thanks very much for this information Yme.
>>
>> Until now, the only fully submersible pod-drive units I knew off were
>> the Mastervolt ones, and also some from Aquamot, the Austrian company.
>> (The drives from both companies look very similar, so perhaps there is
>> only one manufacturing site?)
>>
>> The Rotorque ducted rim-drive units look very nice, but a larger
>> diameter drive would be better for a low-speed (5km/hour) canal boat.
>> It is a pity that the 170mm size impeller seems to be the largest size
>> they make (though I don't read German, so I may be wrong about this).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chris Morriss.
>>
>>
>> On 15/03/2013 14:13, Yme Bosma wrote:
>>>
>>> Chris, I am considering three different pods.
>>>
>>> * Arka <http://www.arka.nl/ENG/index.html> (7,5kW or 10kW, used by
>>> many passenger vessels on Dutch inland waterways)
>>> * Fischer Panda Aziprop
>>> <http://www.fischerpanda.de/products/eng/246.htm> (altough a bit
>>> too large for my design)
>>> * Rotorque-jet <http://rotorque-jet.de/produkte/> (8kW max, would
>>> probably need two 5kW)
>>>
>>> I have spoken to Mastervolt directly (Bellman/ID Technology) about
>>> their 10kW podmaster pro
>>> <http://www.mastervolt.com/marine/products/podmaster-professional/podmaster-10-professional/>
>>> and other pods, but they do not make them in house. They prefer to
>>> sell inboard "Liquid Cooled" solutions, therefore I have decided not
>>> to consider their pod-solutions anymore.
>>>
>>> The supplier of the Rotorque-jet is also supplier of Mastervolt. I am
>>> meeting them on Tuesday, if there is anything I can help you with let
>>> me know.
>>>
>>> --- In el ectricboats@yahoogroups.com, Chris Morriss <crsm@> wrote:
>>>> What make is the pod-thruster unit you intend to use?
>>>> My interest in this is because I recently emailed the UK division of
>>> the
>>>> Dutch company that make the 'Mastervolt Podmaster' range regarding the
>>>> use of their units on a UK canal boat for use as a trip boat by the
>>>> canal preservation society on an isolated part of the Cromford canal in
>>>> Derbyshire. This is a special site for rare flora and fauna and only an
>>>> electrically powered boat will be allowed. I have not yet had a reply,
>>>> so am likely to email the main company in Holland. Have you had good
>>>> support and advice from your proposed supplier for your project?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Chris Morriss.
>>>>
>>>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> .
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment