Sunday, March 17, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] New member, new electric & solar powered motorboat

 

I think as long fuelcells and hydrogen are not competitive, IC will be on the waterways for commercial transport. Think Rhine, Danube and its connections and many more.
For pleasurecraft in the Netherlands there are just very few stretches where you have no speedlimits There are many restrictions for pleasure boating.
Goverments like to controll the activities of their subjects and in particular their freetime and their impact on the enviroment.
So yes I think within 20 years 90 percent of the non commercial waterways will be electric only. In particular when you realise the progress electric power is making and will make.
 
Carel.
 
From: Roger L
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] New member, new electric & solar powered motorboat
 
 

JULIAN WEBB wrote:
- As soon as I.C. engines are banned from all EU waterways this type of craft will be in much greater demand.
- I had to build my own.
- Good luck.
 
Julian, is that really going to happen? Do you think that I.C. engines will ever be banned from waterways in the E.U.?
So far, in the States there are few places that are electric only; I doubt that areas banned on I.C. will expand anytime soon. Right now the only places I know of that are electric only are a few rather short scenic water trails in some game preserves and parks.
For most of our waterways we are more concerned with the 2 stroke versus 4 stroke debate. .... and that one is moving slowly.
    from Roger L.   - BTW, I took the electric canoe around in St. Marks Wildlife Refuge yesterday & today. Very windy both days; particularly out in Apalache Bay.
 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (30)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment