Sunday, March 24, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Help me decide the most appropriate components...

 

Before anyone can offer meaningful advice, we have to know what your performance goals are. How fast, for how many hours?
Here's a hint: anything more than 5 kts or so for a few hours is not likely to be done "as low cost as possible". This type of hull is not a particularly good prospect for electric conversion unless you have low expectations.

-Tom

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "cPAUL" <hutch1276@...> wrote:
>
> Hi and thanks for reading this.... I recently aquired a 28 ft Carver Santa Cruz. It has dual 220 hp gas engines I will be removing. I plan on using common parts," as low cost as possible. I have some electrical experience, and will have no problem doing a clean install, does any one have any suggestions for my layout and which parts I should use? I will also have solar cells, wind generators. I was also wondering on the use of 12v altinators being powered on by the prop shaft. The boats total weight with the two motors is approx. 10,500 lbs. does any one have any helpful knowledge or advice??
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment