Thursday, March 28, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: does anyone have current real world performance figures please

 

Thanks for the input Tom.

Since Julian's props are right around $1300 USD each, I would be very hesitant to modify them at all, but re-pitching them could nudge the power demand by about 10%. Cutting would only be a last resort.

And with the cost of two new props roughly equal to the cost of 5kWh of lithium cells, I would work pretty hard to figure a way to use the ones that I had already paid for.

Eric

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Julian Webb <julian.proto@...> wrote:
>
> cheers tom, i was about to ask the prop man what the "plan b" was. thanks
>
>
> On 28 March 2013 02:47, Tom <boat_works@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> > Hi Julian,
> >
> > If the motors are overloaded with the 23 x 22 props I'd have them
> > repitched before I resorted to reducing their diameter. You want to keep
> > all the disc area you can.
> >
> > Assuming that the props will be either bronze or Nibral, a prop repair
> > shop should be able to take up to 2" of pitch out of them.
> >
> > -Tom
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Julian Webb <julian.proto@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Eric
> > >
> > > - have them As no prop man would guesstimate speed for my boat, maximum
> > efficiency
> >
> > > was all I could head for that they seemed able to calculate to.
> > >
> > > - I know I'm a bit on my own when it comes down to it, just didn't want
> > to
> > > be at the "bleeding edge" and be first-in-my-class but hey someone has to
> > > do it as they say.
> > >
> > > - I'll publish/post all my results and hope I don't have to either new
> > > props made or the proposed ones turned down (the only cheap mod I can
> > think
> > > of) as they are costing me £1000 each!!!
> > >
> > > - I know I could have had off-the-shelf guesses way cheaper but I thought
> > > if I went to a "proper" prop maker I would get what was optimum for my
> > > boat............... time will tell I guess, "a fool and his money" as
> > they
> > > say.
> > >
> > > Cheers, Julian
> > >
> > >

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (30)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment