Thursday, March 7, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] OT: reducing spam on the group

 

I am trying to determine how this Yahoo spam works.
My wife and kids use windows computers with firefox and they were hacked.
I use linux with firefox and I have not been hacked.
Is the hacking coming from our computers or is it a Yahoo issue itself and I'm just lucky?

Mark



From: Eric <ewdysar@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:52:08 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] OT: reducing spam on the group

 
I would suggest that everyone remove any Yahoo group email addresses from your contact lists (it's not like you need to write emails to a Yahoo group, most people can just hit reply to their email notification or post a message inside the Yahoo group itself) so that if your contact list gets hacked, you won't be sending spam to hundreds (maybe thousands) of people's mailboxes with a single group address.

I know this works because my account was hacked about a couple of months ago and my Yahoo contact list was used to send out a few spam blasts. You didn't see any of that here (or on any of the other Yahoo groups that I belong to) because I don't have any of my Yahoo group addresses in my contact list.

Fair winds (with less spam),
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment