Saturday, March 16, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] New member, new electric & solar powered motorboat

 

Thanks very much for this information Yme.

Until now, the only fully submersible pod-drive units I knew off were the Mastervolt ones, and also some from Aquamot, the Austrian company. (The drives from both companies look very similar, so perhaps there is only one manufacturing site?)

The Rotorque ducted rim-drive units look very nice, but a larger diameter drive would be better for a low-speed (5km/hour) canal boat.  It is a pity that the 170mm size impeller seems to be the largest size they make (though I don't read German, so I may be wrong about this).

Regards,
Chris Morriss.


On 15/03/2013 14:13, Yme Bosma wrote:
Chris, I am considering three different pods.
  • Arka  (7,5kW or 10kW, used by many passenger vessels on Dutch inland waterways)
  • Fischer Panda Aziprop (altough a bit too large for my design)
  • Rotorque-jet (8kW max, would probably need two 5kW)
I have spoken to Mastervolt directly (Bellman/ID Technology) about their 10kW podmaster pro and other pods, but they do not make them in house. They prefer to sell inboard "Liquid Cooled" solutions, therefore I have decided not to consider their pod-solutions anymore.

The supplier of the Rotorque-jet is also supplier of Mastervolt. I am meeting them on Tuesday, if there is anything I can help you with let me know.

--- In el ectricboats@yahoogroups.com, Chris Morriss <crsm@...> wrote:
>
> What make is the pod-thruster unit you intend to use?
> My interest in this is because I recently emailed the UK division of the
> Dutch company that make the 'Mastervolt Podmaster' range regarding the
> use of their units on a UK canal boat for use as a trip boat by the
> canal preservation society on an isolated part of the Cromford canal in
> Derbyshire. This is a special site for rare flora and fauna and only an
> electrically powered boat will be allowed. I have not yet had a reply,
> so am likely to email the main company in Holland. Have you had good
> support and advice from your proposed supplier for your project?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Morriss.
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment