Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Any perm mangnet (DC) motor controller suggestions

 

Are there any specific functions you need other than speed control?
If not, check Ebay for golf cart controllers like a Curtis or EZgo.
Fork lift controllers work well too. I bought my Hyundai (it's a Curtis clone) 7 or 8 years ago and have never had an issue.
Some examples on Ebay,
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=golf+cart+controller+Curtis&_sacat=0&_odkw=golf+cart+controller&_osacat=0&_from=R40

 
mattelderca

From: Matthew Geier <matthew@acfr.usyd.edu.au>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:02:18 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Any perm mangnet (DC) motor controller suggestions

 
Now that I've killed my 2nd Alltrax controller (AXE 4844) driving my
Perm 132 motor, it's probably time I ditched that brand and tried another.

Any one have any suggestions on a PWM controller suitable for a
permanent magnet motor ?

The AXE was a perfect fit spec wise, but I can't keep replacing them
every 2 years. (The electronics is potted in epoxy, so repairing them
isn't straight forward either.)



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment