Saturday, March 2, 2013

[Electric Boats] 1963 pearson Ariel, Triumph, electric conversion

 

Howdy all,

I am in the process of rebuilding the venerable Pearson Ariel.  The previous owner had fixed and upgraded some of the exterior, like recoring the deck and painting the topsides, however the interior was left in its 1960s attire, so my main goals are to rebuild the interior and repower with an electric drive.  Not a small feat to accomplish over the winter... however, I have the luxury of time, so I am able to work as much as I can tolerate.

If you would like to see the rebuild, most of it is here: http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?1332-Ariel-97/page9

However, as I am working my way around the boat I am now ready to tackle the electric conversion in earnest.  As you might imagine, I am trying to do as much as I can in order to keep the cost low.  So, I am thinking of purchasing the 8.5kW sailboat kit from Thunderstruck-ev.com along with 4 group 27, 12v100Ah, AGM type batteries.  I am going to fabricate my own motor mount and will be adding a Honda i2000eu generator in the lazerette.

more later, matt 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment