Thursday, November 10, 2011

[Electric Boats] Where to even start

 

I have been lurking for a while and learning as I find the time to read. I have a list of specific questions that I should take the time to write down as every time I read something a new question pops up. Some of the stuff doesn't seem appropriate for this list as it seems most are well beyond my level of knowledge. Is there a good primer? What can I read to learn the basics, I mean the very basics... things like why choose 48v or 72v, or something different? How do you determine prop size? How do I determine hull speed RPM for my prop to determine gear reduction? How do I determine number of amp/hours needed and how do I size the battery bank?

I am committed to an electric boat so much so that my diesel is on the bed of the truck right now. I probably need to make a purchase soon if I want to be in the water in the spring but feel woefully uneducated as a consumer. So uneducated that I can't make a purchase decision at this time.

Oh, and what do I do with an old Albin diesel? sell it for scrap?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment