Monday, August 9, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] New member; Modest goal

 

Ohh how much did that 77 ah 24 volt lithium battery cost? I really like the 2 year warranty.

On Aug 9, 2010, at 3:47 PM, "Ed Bachmann edbz" <edbz@hotmail.com> wrote:

 

My 2 cents worth is to call Todd at ePowerMarine and do what I did a couple of weeks ago to power a small daysailer. Order a Torqeedo 1003 -  cost will be about $1800 complete. The included lithium battery can be charged with a 12 volt power source if you want to hook in  your solar panels.
 
That motor is the equivalent of a 3 hp outboard and I would think that would be enough.
 
http://www.torqeedo.com/uploads/media/Torqeedo_Catalog_2010_US_version_150dpi_02.pdf
 
www.epowermarine.com              todd@epowermarine.com          (v) 561-613-2737 
 
 
(disclaimer: I have no relationship with Todd other than a few emails on this forum and buying one motor from him. The motor that I ordered from him was delivered in  less than a week.)
 

 >>I was planning on installing the new panels on the roof (in lieu of the bimini top) of a very small pontoon boat to run an electric outboard motor of some type. We live on a lake and I just wanted something to hop in and putter around in without the disappointment of dead batteries and stale fuel. Our lake is 1.5 miles across so speed and distance are not big concerns.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment