Monday, August 30, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: 36 volt Motor replacement for Duffy Sport 14?

 

My brother has been rebuilding motors/generators for large industrial plants and the Navy for decades. A rebuilt motor should match or exceed the motors specs when it was new. There usually is one or more local companies that rebuilds motors and generators in the nearest city. They are all scrapping by, so buy local.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, baileywook <no_reply@...> wrote:
>
> I just bought a '95 Duffy Sport. I have a problem with the motor running fine across the lake, but when I stop by putting in neutral or reverse after a extended run, it will not run until it sits for about 5 minutes. Then it runs fine again. Duffy said it sounded like at least one of the solenoids may be gone. I have 5 new solenoids on order but wonder what my next step will be if this is not the problem. Motor? The motor in the boat now is a Leeson Model C4D170C1A. Cat #108813.00. 36 volt. I have so far been unable to find it on the internet. Anyone have any ideas. Anyone have experience in having DC motors rebuilt or is it not worth the effort?
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment