Tuesday, August 31, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Props

 

Hi Richard,

I am slightly heavier and am using a 13x13. However, it is likely "over-pitched" since I can exceed max amps (100) with my current gear reduction (~2:1)

I am now debating moving to a higher reduction ratio - closer to 2.5:1 vs getting a lower-pitched prop. My understanding is being somewhat over-pitched means you get a little more speed in smooth water, but less "bollard pull" to tackle headwinds and such.

So I'm just hijacking your question and maybe we both get good advice :) (fwiw I already have the gear reduction, so prop route is more expensive)

-Keith

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "fullkeel2000" <fullkeel2000@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings all
> our boat that we are converting to electric power is an Alberg 30. 9000 displacement (until we add our cruising 21'8" water line (when not healed)
> Question is regarding the prop.Since we want to stay with a 2 blade (want to keep the amazing light air performance with the prop hidden behind the full-keel) and can go no bigger than a 13" it was recommended that we go to a 13x12 to replace the current 13x7
> i would love to know what anyone with a simiular sized boat is using
>
> Thanks Richard
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment