Tuesday, August 31, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Parallel Charging

 

Connect both batteries positives to a copper bus bar and attache the motors to the bus bar. Repeat for negative terminals.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Steve Spence <steve@...> wrote:
>
> for best results, assuming your batteries are in parallel, connect the
> positive of your motors to one battery, and the negative to the other.
> This will help balance the load.
>
> Steve Spence
> Renewable energy and self sufficiency
> http://www.green-trust.org
> http://arduinotronics.blogspot.com/
>
>
>
> On 08/30/2010 10:59 PM, Michael Brotherton wrote:
> >
> >
> > Right now in my boat I have 2 deep cycle 12V batteries of the same type
> > and age
> > and one 100W solar panel with a charge controller that only has one
> > output to
> > charge. Is it Ok for me to connect the batteries in parallel and just
> > connect
> > the controller to one of them. Im in the process of building an electric
> > outboard, but for now I have two small trolling motors. If I end up
> > connecting
> > the batteries should I connect both motors to the same battery and if so
> > which
> > one. Is it OK for me to keep running the motors as the panel is charging
> > the
> > batteries?
> >
> > Mike
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment