Monday, August 30, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: 36 volt Motor replacement for Duffy Sport 14?

 

I think its more likely in the solenoids or controller. However, if you need to rewind the motor, I have rewound two 2hp, 24v motors and its a bargain compared to replacing it. Just google motor rewind in your area for a price.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, baileywook <no_reply@...> wrote:
>
> I just bought a '95 Duffy Sport. I have a problem with the motor running fine across the lake, but when I stop by putting in neutral or reverse after a extended run, it will not run until it sits for about 5 minutes. Then it runs fine again. Duffy said it sounded like at least one of the solenoids may be gone. I have 5 new solenoids on order but wonder what my next step will be if this is not the problem. Motor? The motor in the boat now is a Leeson Model C4D170C1A. Cat #108813.00. 36 volt. I have so far been unable to find it on the internet. Anyone have any ideas. Anyone have experience in having DC motors rebuilt or is it not worth the effort?
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment