Monday, June 21, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Hello from a new member in Port Angeles, WA.

 

Welcome. It depends upon what you plan to do with the boat. If you
want to take ocean voyages the power of the original motor is
probably something you will want in case of emergencies and you can
run bio diesel or straight vegetable oil too, if you will be in warm
climates as well as regular diesel. If you will not be taking long
ocean voyages, electric is the way to go in my opinion. Best wishes,
John


On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Angela <mstafford@natca.net> wrote:
 

PPJFrompa,

Welcome to ElectricBoats; there is a wealth of info in past posts, and some great info in the links section. Take your time... it sounds like you are not needing propulsion immediately.

My dad used to live in Port Angeles, so I've had the good fortune of kicking around there a bit. If you're ever in the SanFrancisco area, there are several of us e-sailors who would love to give you a demo on our boats.

Mark Stafford
e-H55

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "ppjfrompa" <ppjfrompa@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am a new member, I recently purchased a Whitcraft 36' Coastal Cruiser to restore and use as a liveaboard. The project is VERY rough and will take several years.
>
> I posted a question on Yahoo Answers about different engines I could use for my boat and "Capt. John" introduced me to the world of electric motors.
>
> Since my particular project has no engine, "V" drive, prop or shaft so I am starting from scratch. Since I would have to purchase the entire drivetrain going electric makes sense so far. My only major concern is cost versus going electric versus the original powerlant.
>
> Looking forward to meeting new people and getting lots of great information.
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment