Tuesday, June 15, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Research Vessel Carpe Sol

 

Please do a search in this yahoo group on "re-e-power" (include the quote marks) before you consider this option.

In my personal opinion, go with AGM or Lithium (LiFePO4) batteries due to their ability to handle high amperage (>15A) loads.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Harry Wilkins <harry8136103219@...> wrote:
>
>
> Matti,
> In addition to Torqeedo, which has a good reputation for performance and quality, you might also look at the following for competitive information.
> http://www.electricyacht.com/electric-yacht-products/electric-outboard-motors.html
> http://www.re-e-power.com/epod-3000.html
>
> Or you could Google "Electric outboard motor" and find many other links.
> Repowering a small sailboat is a pretty straight-forward matter, especially if you are going the outboard route. Just don't try to save money on the batteries. Buy big deep cycle batteries. They cost more to buy but they are much less expensive and more reliable over their lifetime.
> Thanks...
>
> Harry Wilkins,
> The Research Vessel Carpe Sol www.rvCarpeSol.com hw@...
> Cell (813)610-3219
> Office (813)968-0788
> Fax (813)792-1162
>
>
> To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> From: matikanpoika@...
> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:29:37 +0000
> Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Research Vessel Carpe Sol
>
> Hi Harry
>
> Actually I have no real interest in electric boats, but I would like to move my little sailboat also in absence of wind without the use of a combustion engine and fuel on board. I am not trying to save the planet or anything, I just like it quite and odorless. For the time being I have a heavy 4-stroke outboard hanging on the transom. Once I find something electric fitting my needs I will get rid of it. I am planning to buy a torqeedo, but I am not yet convinced of their reliability.
>
> Why they have all those engines on SolarWave I don't know, but if you have a look at the sponsor list it might explain the reason. It seams everyone wanted to somehow be represented on these 46 feet of swimming advertisement. Anyway, I think the homepage will provide the interested reader with interesting information about energy consumption at sea and on inland waterways.
>
> Best
>
> Matti

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment